USCIS UPDATE: AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Report

Starting Dec. 7, 2021, USCIS will only accept the 08/31/21 edition of the change of address form. Until then, you can use the 09/10/19 edition. You can find the edition date at the bottom of the page on the form and instructions.

Most individuals can change their address in two ways:

• Through your existing USCIS online account if you filed your form online; or
• Filing Form AR-11, Alien’s Change of Address Card, online.

Filing Form AR-11 online will update your address on all pending applications, petitions, or requests that you include on the form.

You do not need to mail a paper Form AR-11 if you use the change of address webpage unless you are a victim of domestic violence, trafficking, and other crimes, or if you have previously filed a Form I-751 abuse waiver. For more information on these special situations in which you must file a paper Form AR-11, see USCIS Change of Address webpage.

USCIS strongly encourages you to update your address with USCIS to ensure you receive all correspondence and benefits from USCIS in a timely manner and avoid possible delays related to your case.

Changing your address with the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) will not change your address with USCIS, or the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) if you have an active or pending court case. Please update your address with both USCIS and USPS (and EOIR if you are in immigration proceedings).