• RIA reauthorized the expired Regional Center Program through September 2027
• Minimum investment amount is now $1,050,000. Investment in a Targeted Employment Area requires a minimum of $800,000.
• Generally processing times on average is about 5 years. RIA allows for AOS to be filed concurrently if priority date is current.
• Greater transparency required for the EB-5 program. Promoters must register with USCIS before beginning promotional activities.
• Promoters must disclose all fees, ongoing interests, compensation to agents, finders, and broker-dealers.
• Written Agreement about remuneration arrangements must be made available for review if requested by USCIS.
• Litigation: Recent Litigation Settled.
o Regional Centers will remain designated. I-956 needs to be filed but not need to be adjudicated favorably to continue to sponsor new investors.
o RIA made 900 Regional Centers Void, but settlement permits them to continue upon filing of I-956’s. Regional Centers have to file I-956’s by December 29, 2022. Showing they meet RIA requirements.
o I-956F needs to be filed by new investors.
• Evergreen prospectus methodology to be used in the application process.
• Move to electronic submission (I-829 now)
If you have any questions about how the immigration and nationality laws in the United States may impact you or your family members or if you want to access additional information about the United States or Canadian immigration and nationality laws, please feel free to contact the US and Canadian immigration and nationality lawyers at NPZ Law Group. You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 201-670-0006 extension 104. In addition, we invite you to find more information on our website at www.visaserve.com