“Express Entry,” a new immigration system, used to manage and select applicants to immigrate into the country.
• Express Entry uses electronic profiles to highlight a person’s best attributes including education, work experience and language skills, among others
• These profiles are looked at under the Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Canadian Experience Class and then put into a pool of candidates
• An individual will wait in this pool until given an invitation to apply for permanent residence
• Candidates are chosen on a point based system, with priority given to those people who match Canada’s economic needs, therefore only top ranking candidates will be invited
• Once invited, an individual has 60 days to submit an application for permanent residence
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• Individuals who are wanted by a Canadian employer, are nominated by a province or territory or have a pending job offer in the country are given extra points
• Canada is looking for individuals who will be successful and add to the country’s social and economic success
• It is extremely important to look as desirable as possible by and CLG attorneys are here to help you do that and make sure that anyone who stands a good chance to become a permanent resident of Canada gets that chance!
UPDATE! SINCE JANUARY 1, 2015:
• Canada issued the first invitations to apply on January 31, 2015. 779 candidates were given an invitation. Each candidate received 886+ points under the Comprehensive Ranking System, received an invitation and is therefore eligible to apply for permanent residence.
• The ranking number was incredibly high, which means that candidates do indeed a provincial/territory nomination or a pending job offer to appear desirable.
• Canada will conduct up to 25 draws this year. Therefore, it isn’t too late for you to apply!
Please contact us today to discuss your Canadian immigration needs. We can also meet you in Montréal and Toronto, as necessary.