On September 28, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) introduced the Enterprise Change of Address (E-COA) tool, a self-service platform enabling users to efficiently update their address. Accessible via a USCIS online account, the E-COA tool:
– Allows most individuals to update both their mailing and physical address for any pending actions with USCIS, removing the necessity of multiple updates, paper forms, and physical visits.
– Is only available in English, in line with the requirement for USCIS online accounts to be in English.
– Is inaccessible during the initial phase to individuals under 8 USC 1367, including those linked to the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), T nonimmigrant status, or U nonimmigrant status. Alternative address-change methods are provided for these individuals.
– Aims to enhance the USCIS customer experience through technological advancements and aligns with the Executive Order on improving federal service delivery.
– Urges users to update their addresses promptly to avoid delays and notes that updating via the U.S. Postal Service doesn’t change their USCIS address. Both updates are essential.
– Further details and outreach activities are planned to educate stakeholders about the E-COA tool.