USCIS Denies Pending Forms I-131 for Abandonment Due to International Travel

While the Presidential Country Ban is still impending, its removal will be beneficial for a certain visa category group: the P-visa group. This visa allows internationally recognized athletes, entertainers, entertainment groups, performers, and artists to visit and perform in the United States if they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.

There are four categories under the P-visa group. Thus, in this article, the immigration and nationality lawyers at the NPZ Law Group explain each of those in detail with a specific focus on the P-3 visa.

What Are the P-1A and P-1B Visas?

All of the categories of the P-visa group are temporary non-immigrant visas that are given to individuals and groups who aim to visit the US to perform certain services. In the case of the P-1A is granted to internationally recognized athletes. On the other hand, the P-1B is granted to a member of an entertainment group that has international recognition.

What Is the P-2 Visa?

The P-2 visa is granted to an entertainer or artist as an individual or as part of a group that wishes to visit the US to perform within a reciprocal exchange program.

What Is the P-3 Visa?

The P-3 visa is granted to an entertainer or artist who wishes to visit the US to perform, teach or coach within a culturally unique program.

Who Is Eligible for the P-3 Visa?

An individual can be eligible for a P-3 visa if he or she intends to develop, interpret, coach, or teach a traditional or unique ethnic, cultural, folk, theatrical, artistic, or musical performance or presentation in the US.

The individual will also need to take part in one or more cultural events that aim to advance the development or understanding of his or her artwork.

How to Get a P-3 Visa?

A P-3 sponsoring organization or employer will need to file a petition for one individual or multiple individuals in an entertainment group. In addition to the petition, the sponsoring organization will need to provide supporting documents, which include:

  • Contracts
  • A consultation in writing by an appropriate labor organization
  • An itinerary for the event(s) and/or activities, with a brief explanation of each
  • Letters written and signed by perceived specialists that have attested to the individual’s or individual’s group’s abilities to present, perform, teach, or coach the traditional and unique art form to other individuals
  • Evidence that the presentations or performances by the sponsored individuals will be part of a culturally unique event(s).

P-3 nonimmigrants’ dependents, i.e., their spouses and children under 21 years old, can gain P-4 non-immigrant status.

If you have questions or want to access additional information about US or Canadian Immigration and Nationality Laws, please feel free to get in touch with the immigration and nationality lawyers at the NPZ Law Group. If you have more questions about how these laws in the US may impact you or your family, contact the lawyers specialized in US Immigration and Nationality laws at our law firm. You can also send us an email at, or you can call us at 201-670-0006 (x104). In addition to that, we invite you to find more information on our website at