COVID-19 Resources
Call today to schedule a consultation
Local 201-670-0006 Toll Free 866-599-3625
  Make a Payment 
<a href="">Click Here To Load This Form</a>

P-3 - Artists and Entertainers

Temporary Visas

The P-3 visa is for artists or entertainers, individually or as a group, who are coming to the U.S. for developing, interpreting, representing, coaching or teaching a unique or traditional ethnic, folk, cultural, musical, theatrical ar artistic performance or presentation.

The spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 are permitted to accompany the P-3 to the United States, under a P-4 status. P-4 visa holders are not allowed to work, but may attend schools or colleges.


The sponsor must forward all necessary documents along with Form I-129 to the USCIS branch with jurisdiction over the area where you plan to perform. A U.S. agent may file a petition for workers who are self-employed, use agents to book short-term engagements with many different employers or in situations where foreign employer(s) authorize the use of an agent to act on their behalf. This agent may be the employer of the performer, a representative of the employer or a person authorized to act on behalf of the employer.


For the P-3 Visa, you must provide the following documents:
  •  A filled-in visa application Form DS-156. Separate applications for each person are compulsory.
  •  One recent photograph 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm) of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.
  •  A passport, valid for travel to the United States for at least six months longer than your intended visit.

The following are also required:
  •  Affidavits, testimonials or letters from recognized experts attesting to the applicant's skills as well as the basis of the expert's knowledge of the applicant's skill;
  •  Documentation that the performance is culturally unique;
  •  Consultation from an organization with expertise in the individual's or group's skills;
  •  Copy of the written contract between the performer(s) and the employer

National in scope, the business immigration law firm of NPZ Law Group represents clients from throughout the United States and around world. Regionally, our attorneys remain committed to serving the immigration needs of businesses in the Tri-state area and the Hudson Valley, including residents of Ridgewood, Newark, and Jersey City, Burlington County, Bergen County, Camden County, Cumberland County, Essex County, Hudson County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Passaic County, Salem County, Union County, northern New Jersey, southern New Jersey, central New Jersey, NJ; New York City, Rockland County, Orange County, Westchester County, Kings County, Sullivan County, Ulster County, New York, NY; Chicago, Illinois, IL; and Toronto and Montreal, Canada. Our nationwide practice focused on quality legal representation and personal service.
Notwithstanding any statements contained in this website, results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the New Jersey Supreme Court.

© 2023 NPZ Law Group | Disclaimer
487 Goffle Road , Ridgewood, NJ 07450
| Phone: 866-599-3625

Attorneys | Types of Visas | Resources | Testimonials | Types of Immigration Law | Services | About Us