D-2 - Crewmen

Crewmen serving in good faith for normal operations aboard vessels may apply for the D-2 Visa. This classification includes musicians, stewards, technicians and chefs. This visa is specifically issued to a crewperson who serves aboard a fishing vessel with a home port or base of operation in the U.S. You should plan to land in and depart from Guam as a part of your crew duties.

D-2 Visa Lawyer

Application for the visa must be filed at the U.S. consulate abroad. While applying for landing privileges, you should submit your application in person, offer all necessary documents, be photographed and fingerprinted, establish that you are admissible under all relevant immigration laws and prove that you are entitled to landing privileges in the U.S.

Documents You Need For A D-2 Visa

During the inspection, you will need to show copies of employer work records to the immigration officer. If there is a strike or lockout, you will need to prove the following:

  • You have worked for your employer for at least one year longer than the beginning of the strike/lockout.
  • During this one-year period, you have worked as a crewman for your employer at least once in three different months.
  • You expect to continue working for your employer at this level.

Contact Our D-2 Visa Lawyer

If you have any questions about a D-2 visa, please contact our office. Our team of experienced immigration attorneys can advise you on the requirements for this visa category and help determine if you may qualify.