COVID-19 Resources
Call today to schedule a consultation
Local 201-670-0006 Toll Free 866-599-3625
  Make a Payment 
<a href="">Click Here To Load This Form</a>

Genesis of Foreign Investors in the United States

Foreign Investor Visas: B-1, E-2, E-5

A poor U.S. economy means a ripe opportunity for foreign nationals to invest in real estate and troubled businesses in the United States. At NPZ Law Group, our immigration lawyers help businesses and individuals go through the step-by-step process to obtain a foreign investor visa.

NPZ Law Group: Global Mobility Attorneys
Call Toll Free: 866-599-3625

There are three types of American investor visas for foreign businesses and investors: B-1, E-2 and E-5.

Nonimmigrant B-1 Visa

The B-1 visa is a "visitor for business" visa, usually issued for a period of six months. The first step for most investors is to go to the U.S. Consulate Office in their country of residence to request a visa for investment in a U.S. company. The investment opportunity can be in a new or pre-existing business.

If you have obtained a B-1 visa and are in the United States, come and talk to us about your future. We will discuss the options open to you for permanent immigration to the U.S. For example, a B-1 status may be changed to E-2 or L-1.

E-2 Visa for Nonimmigrant Treaty Investors

Foreign nationals who make a substantial investment in a pre-existing U.S. business may obtain an E-2 visa to develop and direct the operations of their investment enterprise. The foreign investor's duration of stay depends on the treaty between the U.S. and the investor's country.

It is possible to change your B-1 status to E-2 while in the U.S. or to seek an E-2 status at the U.S. Consulate in the your home country.

L-1 Visa to Transfer Foreign Employees

When a company needs to transfer foreign employees on short notice, their employees ("intracompany transferees") may apply directly for an L-1 visa at their U.S. Consulate. We can also work with B-1 nonimmigrants to open up a U.S. business entity and transfer foreign employees. Our immigration lawyers can help entrepreneurs and foreign businesses set up a business plan for a U.S. entity, obtain space and corporate bank accounts and perform other U.S. business formation tasks.

Qualifying for a Green Card

There are a couple of options for individuals who would like to turn their American investment opportunity into a green card:

  •  Businesses may sponsor an employee for lawful permanent residence through the PERM process
  •  Individuals working in the U.S. on an L1-A visa may apply for permanent residence status.
  •  Individuals who invest more than a million dollars in a U.S. business or more than $500,000 into economically depressed areas (Regional Centers) in the U.S. may qualify for an EB-5 immigrant visa.

To learn more about investor visas and our immigration services, contact NPZ Law Group by e-mail or call 201-670-0006 (x107).

National in scope, the business immigration law firm of NPZ Law Group represents clients from throughout the United States and around world. Regionally, our attorneys remain committed to serving the immigration needs of businesses in the Tri-state area and the Hudson Valley, including residents of Ridgewood, Newark, and Jersey City, Burlington County, Bergen County, Camden County, Cumberland County, Essex County, Hudson County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Passaic County, Salem County, Union County, northern New Jersey, southern New Jersey, central New Jersey, NJ; New York City, Rockland County, Orange County, Westchester County, Kings County, Sullivan County, Ulster County, New York, NY; Chicago, Illinois, IL; and Toronto and Montreal, Canada. Our nationwide practice focused on quality legal representation and personal service.
Notwithstanding any statements contained in this website, results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the New Jersey Supreme Court.

© 2023 NPZ Law Group | Disclaimer
487 Goffle Road , Ridgewood, NJ 07450
| Phone: 866-599-3625

Attorneys | Types of Visas | Testimonials | Services | About Us