Make a Payment 
<a href="">Click Here To Load This Form</a>

Nonimmigrant Visas - Immigration lawyers

Nonimmigrant Visa Attorneys

At the immigration law firm of NPZ Law Group, we often help companies bring highly skilled foreign nationals to the United States using nonimmigrant visas, since this process is generally faster than applying for an immigrant visa/green card. Then, while the employee is in the United States, we begin the process of applying for permanent residency.

To schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration lawyer, please contact NPZ Law Group by e-mail or call 201-670-0006.

What Are Nonimmigrant Visas?

Nonimmigrant visas are temporary visas. Generally, an individual who seeks a nonimmigrant visa must demonstrate "nonimmigrant intent," or the intent to depart from the United States upon the expiration of the nonimmigrant visa. However, since the 1990 amendments to the Immigration and Naturalization Act, the USCIS, and more slowly the U.S. Department of State, have come to accept the concept of "dual intent," which recognizes that certain nonimmigrant visa holders may intend to seek immigrant status.

Dual Intent Doctrine and Nonimmigrant Visas

There are a handful of visas that are considered "dual intent." A "nonimmigrant" can intend to immigrate to the United States and not intend to immigrate at the same time. This affords interested immigrants maximum flexibility; they can travel and maintain their underlying nonimmigrant status while their immigration petition is moving forward. We strongly advise clients to maintain their nonimmigrant status until they have their green cards in their hands. Just like you wouldn't drive without car insurance, you shouldn't go through the immigration process without maintaining a dual intent status. The following nonimmigrant visas are dual intent visas:

Caveat to dual intent: The E visa for treaty traders/treaty investors is not dual intent. However, the consulate has discretion to "look the other way." To learn more about dual intent visas, please speak with an immigration professional.

Other Nonimmigrant Visas

Whether you or your employee is a temporary visitor to the U.S. or would like to begin the immigration process under a dual intent visa, our attorneys can discuss the visas available and help prepare a visa application for any of the following:

Contact NPZ Law Group

Our immigration attorneys help employers choose the right temporary work classification that will support their green card application. If necessary, we will move your employee from one temporary visa classification to another to keep him or her in status while the green card is pending.

Our goal as immigration visa attorneys is to save your company time and money in the immigration process and to find creative ways to help you and your foreign national employees meet your immigration goals. Contact the global mobility attorneys at NPZ Law Group, by calling 201-670-0006 or by sending us an e-mail.

National in scope, the business immigration law firm of NPZ Law Group represents clients from throughout the United States and around world. Regionally, our attorneys remain committed to serving the immigration needs of businesses in the Tri-state area and the Hudson Valley, including residents of Ridgewood, Newark, and Jersey City, Burlington County, Bergen County, Camden County, Cumberland County, Essex County, Hudson County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Passaic County, Salem County, Union County, northern New Jersey, southern New Jersey, central New Jersey, NJ; New York City, Rockland County, Orange County, Westchester County, Kings County, Sullivan County, Ulster County, New York, NY; Chicago, Illinois, IL; and Toronto and Montreal, Canada. Our nationwide practice focused on quality legal representation and personal service.

© 2016 NPZ Law Group | Disclaimer
487 Goffle Road , Ridgewood, NJ 07450
| Phone: 866-599-3625

About Us | Attorneys | Practice Areas | Resources | Testimonials

Law Firm Website Design by
Amicus Creative