|Department of Homeland Security Best Hiring Practices|
For assistance in business immigration concerns, contact a lawyer at NPZ Law Group We are the global mobility attorneys.
- Use the Basic Pilot Employment Verification Program for all hiring.
- Establish an internal training program, with annual updates, on how to manage completion of Form I-9 (Employee Eligibility Verification Form), how to detect fraudulent use of documents in the I-9 process, and how to use the Basic Pilot Employment Verification Program.
- Permit the I-9 and Basic Pilot Program process to be conducted only by individuals who have received this training — and include a secondary review as part of each employee's verification to minimize the potential for a single individual to subvert the process.
- Arrange for annual I-9 audits by an external auditing firm or a trained employee not otherwise involved in the I-9 and electronic verification process.
- Establish a self-reporting procedure for reporting to ICE any violations or discovered deficiencies.
- Establish a protocol for responding to no-match letters received from the Social Security Administration.
- Establish a Tip Line for employees to report activity relating to the employment of unauthorized aliens, and a protocol for responding to employee tips.
- Establish and maintain safeguards against use of the verification process for unlawful discrimination.
- Establish a protocol for assessing the adherence to the "best practices" guidelines by the company's contractors/subcontractors.
- Submit an annual report to ICE to track results and assess the effect of participation in the IMAGE program.
National in scope, the business immigration law firm of NPZ Law Group represents clients from throughout the United States and around world. Regionally, our attorneys remain committed to serving the immigration needs of businesses in the Tri-state area and the Hudson Valley, including residents of Ridgewood, Newark, and Jersey City, Burlington County, Bergen County, Camden County, Cumberland County, Essex County, Hudson County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Passaic County, Salem County, Union County, northern New Jersey, southern New Jersey, central New Jersey, NJ; New York City, Rockland County, Orange County, Westchester County, Kings County, Sullivan County, Ulster County, New York, NY; Chicago, Illinois, IL; and Toronto and Montreal, Canada. Our nationwide practice focused on quality legal representation and personal service.