Tuesday, April 15, 2014
Federal Skilled Worker Program:
Federal Skilled Workers are chosen as permanent residents based on their ability to prosper in Canada. They are assessed according to a selection grid made up of six factors, including language, education, work experience, etc.
- Overall cap of 25,000 applications in eligible occupations stream
- Cap of 500 applications for PhD eligibility stream
- No limit on applicants who have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer
- Sub-caps of 1,000 applications for each of the 50 eligible occupations below (their 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC) code is included in brackets):
Senior managers - financial, communications and other business services (0013)
|Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c. (0015)||Financial managers (0111)|
|Human resources managers (0112)||Purchasing managers (0113)||Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers (0121)|
|Managers in health care (0311)||Construction managers (0711)||Home building and renovation managers (0712)|
|Managers in natural resources production and fishing (0811)||Manufacturing managers (0911)||Financial auditors and accountants (1111)|
|Financial and investment analysts (1112)|
Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers (1113)
|Other financial officers (1114)|
|Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations (1123)|
Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers (1212)
|Property administrators (1224)|
|Geoscientists and oceanographers (2113)||Civil engineers (2131)||Mechanical engineers (2132)|
|Electrical and electronics engineers (2133)||Petroleum engineers (2145)||Information systems analysts and consultants (2171)|
|Database analysts and data administrators (2172)||Software engineers and designers (2173)||Computer programmers and interactive media developers (2174|
|Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians (2232)||Construction estimators (2234)||Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (2241)|
|Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics (2243)||Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety (2263)||Computer network technicians (2281)|
|Nursing co-ordinators and supervisors (3011)||Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (3012)||Specialist physicians (3111)|
|General practitioners and family physicians (3112)||Dietitians and nutritionists (3132)||Audiologists and speech-language pathologists (3141)|
|Physiotherapists (3142)||Occupational therapists (3143)||Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists (3214)|
|Medical radiation technologists (3215)||Medical sonographers (3216)||Licensed practical nurses (3233)|
|Paramedical occupations (3234)||University professors and lecturers (4011)||Psychologists (4151)|
|Early childhood educators and assistants (4214)||Translators, terminologists and interpreters (5125)|
Federal Skilled Trades Program:Overall cap of 5,000 applicationsAll 90 skilled trades from the following NOC Skill Level B groups are eligible (with sub-caps of 100 applications each):
This program is for people who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
- Major Group 72: Industrial, electrical and construction trades;
- Major Group 73: Maintenance and equipment operation trades;
- Major Group 82: Supervisors and technical occupations in national resources, agriculture and related production;
- Major Group 92: Processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators;
- Minor Group 632: chefs and cooks;
- Minor Group 633: butchers and bakers.
Canadian Experience Class:
This program is for people who already have skilled work experience in Canada and want to immigrate permanently.
- Overall cap of 8,000 applications
- Sub-caps of 200 applications each for any NOC B occupation
- Six ineligible occupations: administrative officers (NOC code 1221), administrative assistants (1241), accounting technicians/bookkeepers (1311), cooks (6322), food service supervisors (6311), and retail sales supervisors (6211).
The new Ministerial Instructions will also re-confirm the existing pause of applications to the federal Immigrant Investor and Entrepreneur Programs.
For more information, please contact our Canadian Law Group for fast and initial assessment of your qualifications. Please contact to email@example.com.
National in scope, the business immigration law firm of NPZ Law Group represents clients from throughout the United States and around world. Regionally, our attorneys remain committed to serving the immigration needs of businesses in the Tri-state area and the Hudson Valley, including residents of Ridgewood, Newark, and Jersey City, Burlington County, Bergen County, Camden County, Cumberland County, Essex County, Hudson County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, Monmouth County, Morris County, Passaic County, Salem County, Union County, northern New Jersey, southern New Jersey, central New Jersey, NJ; New York City, Rockland County, Orange County, Westchester County, Kings County, Sullivan County, Ulster County, New York, NY; Chicago, Illinois, IL; and Toronto and Montreal, Canada. Our nationwide practice focused on quality legal representation and personal service.